Açai bowl – maybe the single most hyped breakfast bowl on Instagram! In reality, it’s just another smoothie bowl with some Açai powder added. Never heard of Açai? It’s one of these almost magical fruit powders with health qualities beyond your belief.
I’m way too skeptical to buy into the whole superfood/magic powders but there must be some serious marketing going on because I always end up buying them.
I found a pack of Açai powder in the back of my fridge. Never once opened it and I can’t remember when I bought it. It stood next to my sea buckthorn powder, my spirulina powder and my raspberry powder. That I never use either. Isn’t that ridiculous?
Well, this morning I had my first Açai Bowl for breakfast and it was quite nice. I’m sure it would have been equally nice without the Açai powder so if it’s not part of your kitchen stock, no need to rush out and buy it!
Usually, an Açai Bowl is made from fruit but I like my base to be veggies so I put in broccoli and spinach.
It was pretty though.
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 170g of frozen broccoli
- 30-40g of frozen spinat
- 100g of frozen blueberries
- 30 g of banana
- 0,5 tsp of vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons of Açai powder
- 0,5 cup (1 dl) of coconut milk
2. Important: decorate your bowl with various toppings. I used: banana, coconut chips, chia seeds, pomegranate, cacao nibs, bee pollen and shelled hemp seeds. Yes, for someone who doesn’t buy into the superfood theory, that’s some collection! 😉