What a delicious way of eating a high protein breakfast! This breakfast stimulates all senses. It’s pretty, it’s tasty, it has a subtle sweetness and a nice creamy texture. And the high protein content will make sure you feel full and energized for hours.
I never used to like cottage cheese, actually. Those lumps really put me off but in recent years I’ve learned to enjoy it. For some reason I don’t get the same bloated feeling from cottage cheese as I do from yogurt but why that is, I don’t know. Any IBS-sufferers out there with the same experience?
Anyway, let’s get to it! Doesn’t that look delicious?
SERVES 1 PERSON
This recipe contains affialite links.
- 2 eggs
- 1 smal handful of fresh spinach
- sweetener of your choice, maybe a bit of Sukrin Gold or a few slices of banana
- 0,5 tsp of ground cardamom
- 1-2 tsp of psyllium husks
- butter or coconut oil for frying
- 100g of cottage cheese
- sweetener of your choice, maybe a drop or two of stevia or some banana slices
- 50g of raspberries
- some almond butter
- fresh mint leaves
2. Heat up butter or coconut oil in a skillet and pour all the green pancake batter on. Lower the temperature and let it settle. Fry it on both sides until finished.
3. Place the pancake on a plate.
4. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese with sweetener and raspberries and place on one half of the pancake. Fold the pancake over the cottage cheese and drizzle almond butter and fresh mint leaves on top.