It’s International Pancake day so guess what we’re having today?! Yes, pancakes! Today I’ll share one of my favorite pancake recipes with you.
International Pancake day is really called Shrove Tuesday. Shrove Tuesday is always the day before Lent. In Christian tradition, people would eat pancakes to use up rich, indulgent foods like eggs and milk before the 40-day fasting season of Lent began. Enter lots of marketing and you have the basis for an international pancake day.
Since then, we no longer fast until Easter but we still indulge the day before. That’s says a lot about our culture and where it’s headed, doesn’t it?
Well, I don’t need an excuse to eat pancakes. I could eat them every day. My pancakes are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and sugar-free and therefore as close to guilt-free as you can get. So go right ahead!
SERVES 1 PERSON
This recipe contains affiliate links.
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 slices of banana
- 1 tablespoon of Fat-Reduced Coconut Flour (by Sukrin)
- 0,25 tsp of vanilla powder
- 0,5 tsp og ground cardamom
- Coconut oil for frying
2. Heat up coconut oil in a skillet and fry your pancakes in both sides. I get 3 small ones out of the portion.
3. Allow the pancakes to cool before you add your toppings.
I used these toppings:
Together with the pancakes, I also had a small glass of yogurt.
- 0,5 cup (100 ml) of Greek yogurt 10%
- 1 tablespoon of full fat sour cream
- Yacon Syrup
HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!
PS: Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter! I promise you I won’t spam! Sign up here: Join me!