Panna cotta is a type of cream pudding that makes an excellent low carb dessert. I love how you can chose to make it in various old glasses and jars for a real personal touch.
I made it a while ago when I went to a dinner party with a bunch of ladies whom I had never met before. Going to a private dinner party with strangers is not something I usually do. I’m way too introvert but I’m challenging myself this year.
The idea of bringing us together was that we’re all one-(wo)man-armies work wise. And working all by yourself can sometimes be lonely. Especially around Christmas when all your friends start going to the office Christmas party and you’re still sat there in your yoga pants with hair all over the place and with some old rice stuck under your sock.
SUGAR-FREE AND DAIRY-FREE DESSERT
Since large amounts of cream sometimes gives me a stomach ache, I decided to try to make the panna cotta with coconut milk instead. And it came out real nice.
So this dessert is actually both sugar-free, dairy-free and pretty low carb for a dessert! If you don’t care for dairy free, you can substitute coconut milk for heavy cream.
MAKES 4-6 PANNA COTTAS
This recipe contains affiliate links.
- 2 cups (500 ml) of coconut milk
- zest from 1 organic lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of Sukrin Melis Icing Sugar
- 0,5 tsp of vanilla powder
- 1,5 tablespoon of Great Lakes Gelatin (the red one)
- 200g of raspberries (I used frozen)
- 0,5 tsp og vanilla powder
2. Stir or whisk in the Great Lakes Gelatin powder until well absorbed.
3. Pour into serving glasses and put in the fridge for 3-4 hours. Do not close the jars with the lid. This made mine separate. If they separate, whisk them quickly together and put them back in the fridge to stiffen.
4. RASPBERRY TOPPING: Put raspberries and vanilla powder in a sauce pan and bring to boil. Mash the raspberries with a fork. Let cool completely. Place on top of the now stiffened panna cottas and put them back in the fridge. Serve directly from the fridge.
PS: Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter! I promise you I won’t spam! Sign up here: Join me!