Can you make pesto out of broccoli? Yes, you can! And it tastes really nice and it’s a great way to sneak some extra broccoli into the mouths of picky eaters. My kids aren’t picky eaters actually but they’re not too crazy about broccoli. They like the broccoli fries and my green broccoli ice cream. Which I completely understand. Both are so delicious!
We’ve been using this broccoli pesto for dipping sauce with vegetables and meat and the kids have also used it as a sauce for their potatoes. Yesterday my kids came home after being away with school for three days and they were hungry and tired. I served them a plate with mixed vegetables and this green dipping sauce. They ate it without argument.
- 200g broccoli in small florets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 40g pumpkin seeds (roast them on a dry pan for extra taste)
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley (or basil)
- ½ cup of olive oil (100 ml)
- juice from 1 small lemon
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
2. Put all ingredients in the food processor and pulse. Taste it and add more salt if needed.
3. Store in a jar in the fridge for up to one week.