I married an incurable time optimist! It’s downright crazy what he sometimes imagines that he’ll have time for. Let me give you an example: Sleeping in on a Saturday morning, have a long breakfast while reading the news and drinking several cups of coffee and running 10K before heading to a birthday brunch at 10AM. But seriously!! Good luck with that!
Compared to him, I’m totally realistic when it comes to time. Except that I’m not at all! As you know I handed in the manuscript for my next book last week and I always have a completely unrealistic judgement as to what I’ll be able to do once that task is off my table. When it comes to it, all I have time for is catching up on all the things I’ve been pushing in front of me while being too busy writing. Well, well.
This weekend I did accomplish to have some nice and slow starts to the day. I made some nice breakfast and just hung around the kitchen for the most of the morning. I love mornings like that.
I made this delicious scrambled eggs with feta cheese. If you haven’t tried adding feta cheese to your scrambled eggs, I think you should. It’s so delicious!
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of feta cheese (I prefer real feta cheese made from sheep’s milk)
- salt and freshly grounded pepper
- chopped parsley and oregano
- butter, ghee or coconut oil for frying
- Optional: olives, fresh figs or whatever you have in your fridge. If you want to keep the carbs low, you should leave out the figs though. I just love them so much!
2. Heat frying oil in a skillet and pour in the eggs. Scramble them around the skillet.
3. Add feta cheese to the eggs and mix well.
4. Take the eggs off the skillet and on to a plate. Pour over freshly chopped herbs and serve with olives and fresh fig on the side.