I am a mayonnaise lover! Yes I am! I love my regular mayo, my various mayo based dipping sauces and my parmesan mayo.
The issue with mayonnaise is finding a high quality oil for the job. For health reasons, I use olive oil but it does effect the taste a bit. I’ve gotten used to that taste now five years in.
To promise a fool proof recipe for homemade mayo that’s made in less than 1 minute, can seem a bit overdoing it but I promise you, it’s not. I’ve been making my own mayo for years and this way of making it has revolutionized my life. No mayo in the fridge? One minute, and there you have it! I’m not exaggerating!
The reasons this mayo is so much easier than all other recipes:
- You make it with your immersion blender. While this is like the oldest trick in the book, I must admit that it didn’t really work for me until I started using whole egg instead of only the yolks.
- You take the egg from the fridge and the olive oil from your kitchen cabinet (or wherever you store it) and you don’t care about them not having the same temperature. Your mayo still won’t separate. It won’t!
- No more pouring in the oil slowly little by little. Forget about it! Just pour in all the oil at once! I’m serious!
And one minute later, you have this:
- 1 whole egg
- 200 ml olive oil (or your preferred mayo oil)
- 1 tsp mustard powder (or mustard)
- 2-3 tsp white wine vinegar
- a little bit of salt
THIS IS HOW EASY IT IS:
2. Put all ingredients in the blender glass together. Yes, all! Also the oil!
3. Place your immersion blender so it touches the bottom of the blender glass. Now blend without moving it. You’ll see that you mayo immediately starts emulsifying. Now move your immersion blender up and down a few times to make sure all the oil is absorbed.
4. That’s it, really! Your mayo is done! It doesn’t get any easier than that!
PS: For more inspiration, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter! I promise you I won’t spam! Sign up here: Join me!