We’re going through a really busy time. Søren is working like crazy and I’m busy finishing off a big project that I can’t wait to share with you all. When too much work goes in, time for being adventurous in the kitchen goes out!
So cooking dinner every night happens more or less on auto pilot and to be honest, the meals I serve get more and more boring. Especially on the veggie-side. So when one of the readers of my Danish blog wrote to me about this simple, yet delicious broccoli salad, I made it almost immediately.
I like broccoli a lot. My kids are a bit harder to impress. They eat it but they don’t go “uummh, yummy!”. The good thing about this broccoli salad is that it camouflages the taste of the broccoli in very nice things like bacon, roasted almonds and parmesan. It’s really hard not to like anything in that combination!
SERVES 4 AS A SIDE DISH
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 80g almonds
- 80g bacon
- 60g parmesan, grated
2. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
3. Roast almonds on a dry frying pan. Chop them roughly afterwards.
4. Fry bacon on a frying pan. Take the bacon off the pan but leave the bacon grease on the pan. You’ll need that for later.
5. Drain the water from the broccoli and place the broccoli in a baking dish. Pour over the bacon grease and toss in the roasted almonds and the parmesan.
6. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. Take the baking dish out of the oven, sprinkle bacon bits on top and serve.