Making your own grain free granola is really easy and it’s such a cosy weekend project. The chopping of all the nuts can seem almost therapeutic and I just love the smell of the nuts roasting that spreads from the kitchen when I make this.
Unfortunately, yoghurt breakfast with granola is not my best start to the day. I wish it was but the truth is I tend to get hungry fast after eating it and crave sugar for the rest of the day and it just isn’t worth it. So I eat it occasionally when I feel like af luxury breakfast or I have a small serving together with my eggs.
My kids do enjoy the having full fat Greek yoghurt with granola for breakfast and they don’t seem to suffer from hunger og cravings when they do.
The recipe is easily adjustable to what you have in your kitchens cupboards. This is how I made it.
The recipe contains affiliate links.
ONE LARGE GLASS CONTAINER
- 300 g mixed nuts (hazel nuts, almond, pecan nuts and wallnuts)1 dl hasselnødder
- 30g flax seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g coconut flakes (or dessicated coconut)
- 3 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
2. Chop nuts and coconut flakes roughly and mix them with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Place the granola mix on a baking plate covered with baking paper and bake in the oven for about 1-1,5 hours. Check on them occasionally and toss and turn them around with a spoon to make sure they are baked evenly.
4. Take them out of the oven, let them cool and store them in an airtight glass container.