I don’t usually thrive on a light fruity breakfast. I’m more of an egg-and-bacon kind of girl. That’s what keeps me full, energized and happy. Sometimes I long for the pretty smoothie bowls, I see on Instagram and I try making them. And they taste just fine but I find myself being hungry on-off for the rest of the day. So that just really shows that there’s absolutely no point in comparing yourself to others and think you can all thrive on the same types of food.
But change is always nice and I do enjoy a fruity smoothie bowl from time to time. I’ve just stopped expecting that they fill me up as well as my usual heavier breakfast.
You can easily hide some vegetables in a smoothie bowl too. In this one, I would go for either broccoli or spinach. It may make the color a bit more brownish but I assure you, you won’t taste any difference!
This recipe contains affiliate links.
SERVES 1 PERSON
- 150g frozen berries (I used strawberries and blackberries)
- optional: 2-3 slices of banana (I always keep some frozen in the freezer)
- 1 dl coconut milk
- 0,5 tsp vanilla powder
- optional: 1 tsp psyllium husks (for extra fibre)
- topping: I used some freeze dried sea buckthorn
2. Sprinkle on your chosen toppings and eat immediately before it melts.
To make this smoothie breakfast extra filling, I ate two eggs on the side along with 1 tablespoon of Cod Liver Oil. That helped a bit.