Why on earth would you put cauliflower in your bearnaise? My best answer to that question is that I’m a cauliflower addict. I have a strong tendency to sneak cauliflower in anything, really anything. I mean, I love the cauliflower pizza crust and the cauliflower cheese buns but I also considered making a cauliflower brownie. I never did, though! But I know, I’m way beyond help here!
One good reason to add cauliflower to this delicious creamy sauce would be to sneak a little bit of extra veg into veggie hating kids. But my kids aren’t veggie haters so I’m not sure that excuse goes.
Let’s just forget about excuses and make the cauliflower bearnaise. Give it a try! You might like it. And I’m telling you, it’s also delicious cold from the fridge the next day.
- 300g cauliflower
- 1-2 shallots
- 250g butter
- 1-2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and white pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon
2. In a small sauce pan, melt butter at low heat.
3. Drain water from cauliflower and shallots and put them in the blender glass and add egg yolks and vinegar and blend. Now add melted butter little by little as if you were making mayonnaise. Keep blending.
4. Taste your sauce and add salt and pepper. Stir in chopped tarragon.