Eating simple and healthy foods makes me happy. I love being in the kitchen making up funny recipes or creations of this and that, but I also truly enjoy just having a nice meal made with everyday ingredients. No fuzz, just real food.
Like this salmon dinner I made the night before before Søren and I were going to Paris to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were emptying out the fridge but ended up making a really nice meal out of what was available.
- 4 salmon filets
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 head of white cabbage (about 4-500g)
- 2 large fennel
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons applecider vinegar
- 2 organic limes
- salt and pepper
- 1 green apple
- fresh dill
HERE’S HOW IT’S DONE
2. Place the salmon filet in a greased baking dish and sprinkle poppy seeds on each filet. Bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, you make the salad: Chop or slice cabbage and fennel finely using a knife or a food processor. Mit it all together in a bowl.
4. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, applecider vinegar, zest and juice from 1 lime and salt and pepper. Toss the dressing in the salad.
5. Slice apple in fine wedges and spread on top of salad together with freshly chopped dill.
6. Cut the other lime into wedges and press limejuice over your salmon filets.
I also had a “cold hollandaise sauce” with this dish. It was actually more like a mayo made with whole egg and with lots of added lemon. I’ll need to refine the recipe a bit before I share it with you!