I’m up for “mother of the year” when I make French toast for weekend breakfast. I usually prefer eating a salty breakfast (I’m more of a bacon-an-eggs kind of girl) but once in a while eating something sweet for breakfast is alright by me.
This serving of French toast doesn’t take long to cook. I usually keep slices of bread in the freezer so in order to do the French toast, I just need to defrost a few slices and I’m all set.
SERVES 2-4 – depending on appetite
- 6 slices of French bread wannabe
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp Sukrin Gold
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- butter or coconut oil for frying
- a little Coconut Palm Sugar
- 150 g mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1-2 tsp Sukrin Melis
- 100 g raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
2. Dip bread into the mixture covering each side of the bread, repeat until they are well coated
3. Heat butter or coconut oil in a skillet and place coated bread slices into the pan for 2 minutes. Flip, and cook for another 2-4 minutes on the other side. Drizzle a little bit of coconut palm sugar on both sides while cooking.
4. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the vanilla cream (mascarpone, cream, SukrinMelis and vanilla) and stir till there are no lumps.
5. Place French toast on plates and serve with vanilla cream and fresh berries.
So incredibly tasty!
Products used in this recipe: