Is that the peanutbutter sauce? That’s what my 9 year old son always says, whenever I serve an Asian looking dish for him. He loves it! Actually, I’ve never met a person yet who didn’t like this creamy peanutbutter sauce. It’s unbelievably good. Try it for lunch or dinner and I promise it’ll keep you satiated for many, many hours.
The recipe contains affiliate links.
SERVES 2 PERSONS
- 300 g boneless chicken – cooked
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tamari (glutenfree soya)
- 1 tablespoon fishsauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons creamy peanutbutter
- 1 handful salty peanuts
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1 small pointy cabbage, finely sliced (or cauliflower rice)
2. Pour in coconut milk, tamari, fishsauce and coconut palm sugar and lime juice, give it a good stir and bring to simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add peanutbutter to the sauce and have a taste. Add a bit more tamari, fishsauce or lime if you think it needs it.
4. Dice the cooked chicken and add to the sauce. Let it warm for 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve on top of shredded pointy cabbage and drizzle with peanuts and coriander.